Windows and linux on the same PC?

Discussion in 'General Webmaster Chat' started by masterweb, Jun 22, 2008.

1. masterweb Qdoos Contributor

masterweb
    A dream becomes true... now with the Ubuntu 8.04 you are free to start your PC under windows or Linux and the best part: this Linux installation is really simple!!!.

that's right, on the Ubuntu 8.04 we will find "Wubi" a tool that helps to install this Linux OS on a PC running Windows on a "virtual Unit" of our hard disk without editing any partitions into our HD.

Great ehhh?
  2. Similar Threads: Windows linux
    Forum Title Date
    General Webmaster Chat Hosting! Linux or Windows?? Whats the difference! Jul 6, 2008
    General Webmaster Chat Add background in you windows explorer Jun 19, 2008
    General Webmaster Chat Google Chrome For Mac and Linux | Available For Download Before Release!!! Sep 16, 2008

3. Asad Qdoos Contributor

Asad
    I am using Linux now. But, I hate it. Now, I am unable to change it to Windows as I have lot of files on this. I am too lazy to take all the back ups and all!!!
    Asad,
  4. masterweb Qdoos Contributor

masterweb
    That's the best part of Ubuntu: on the PC you have Windows and Linux... If you hate Linux the just start the computer under Windows and stop using Linux without any problem neither changing files, restoring back ups and so on... Once you turn on the computer a screen will ask you: start this computer using Microsoft Windows or Linux... You are free to choose...Also remember : Linux is free, Windows....mmmmmmm.

5. Asad Qdoos Contributor

Asad
    Well, I bought windows already. But, its not letting me to install it. Linux is too weird!!!

Asad,
  6. masterweb Qdoos Contributor

masterweb
    I think is due you are using the new bug...sorry the new Windows Vista...:biglaugh:, sorry mate but to be honest i love Linux (and hates Vista).

7. Asad Qdoos Contributor

Asad
    Nothing to laugh dude!!!

I bought XP. Its strucks when I start installing XP. Its okay till "PRESS ANY KEY TO BOOT VIA CDROM". Then, it hangs!

Asad,
  8. masterweb Qdoos Contributor

masterweb
    I know man, but pls don't be angry with me...as you i'm having a lot of problems with Vista.-

9. Asad Qdoos Contributor

Asad
    Hey buddy!

I know "VISTA SUCKS". But, I have also seen that "LINUX TOO SUCKS":Randy-git:. Vista is lot better when compared to Linux. At last, XP rules!
    Asad,
  10. alec11 Not Active

alec11
    The point here is, there is no one perfect, so does all of OS.
    There are some people doesn't like Linux, and some people like Linux but they hate XP or Vista.
    The main thing on this thread is, you can use 2 OS in your computer ( Windows and Linux )
    It's best for the one who share the computer with his/her brother or sister.
    Let's say, i like using Linux, but my brother like using Windows, with this Ubuntu 8.04, the problem with me and my brother is done :D