Would you pay to join a Forum?

Discussion in 'General Webmaster Chat' started by midlandi, Aug 3, 2008.

1. midlandi Qdoos Contributor

midlandi
    You may or may not know of this site but Webmasterworld(dot)com requires you to register for a minimum of 6 months at a cost of $47.10!
    Ok its a pretty busy forum, but there are many others that you can join of similar size free, so would you pay?
    It seems that alot do!
  2. Similar Threads: join Forum
    Forum Title Date
    General Webmaster Chat TriPHP looking for forum leaders May 27, 2009
    General Webmaster Chat TriPHP Forums lost its Pagerank like my sites lost! Sep 15, 2008
    General Webmaster Chat Mobile Forums Sep 5, 2008
    General Webmaster Chat Are there too many Webmaster Forums? Sep 4, 2008
    General Webmaster Chat I wanna start a forum! Please.. help me out by answer my questions here!!! Sep 4, 2008
    General Webmaster Chat Keeping a forum Active Aug 18, 2008
    General Webmaster Chat Can anyone please tell me how can I put my forum like this? Aug 16, 2008
    General Webmaster Chat DigitalPoint Forums Going Down and Down and Deep!!! PROOF INSIDE! Aug 10, 2008
    General Webmaster Chat Some "bigger" Forums loosing Traffic. Aug 3, 2008
    General Webmaster Chat Webmaster forum that pays you to post Jul 23, 2008

3. masterweb Qdoos Contributor

masterweb
    Why to pay if we can join small / mediums forums as Qdoos and mine (onlinewebmarket.net) for free?. Even a leader as DP is free so i think no, no way to pay for beign a member there.

4. Fuzzer Qdoos Contributor

Fuzzer
    many moons ago before i knew about... well, much at all :) na really before i know DP even excisted etc every search i made always came up with webmasterworld.com, i was getting annoyed because there was no way i was going to pay, I can see why some forums charge for more privileges and more benefits and ive considered it my self. They have got a good member base and some knowledgeable people there but i still wouldn't pay.
  5. masterweb Qdoos Contributor

masterweb
    The only forum i paid for registering as "gold member" was Dnforum.com, and as River says it was too many moons ago...

6. Midwest Super Moderator

Midwest
    Hmm..Simply put, I would probably pay if the forum turns out to be extremely valuable, never-seen before type of site or something like that. Otherwise, no. I wouldn't splash the cash on a membership, no matter how much they'd ask for it :)
  7. masterweb Qdoos Contributor

masterweb
    Yeahhh. I think is more honest to ask members for volunteer donations contributing with the board...

8. Midwest Super Moderator

Midwest
    This sounds like a pretty nice idea. I would rather prefer to give a donation, if I find the forum to be useful, than just pay a membership.