Yahoo news says Philippines to donate $20 million to Myanmar?

Discussion in 'Yahoo !' started by wannagodaty, May 26, 2008.

1. wannagodaty Guest

wannagodaty
    I am not saying this is bad, but there's also a lot of poor people in Philippines who will benefit greatly from $20 million aid. Think of how many low cost homes for the homeless or squatters, how many foods for the starving, how many scholarships for poor but deserving students...

Charity begins at home...I hope this $20 million donation is nothing more than "pasiklab" by the government to make it look like Philippines is well off when it is not.
  2. Mutya P Not Active

Mutya P
    Oh, this is not true! I heard over the radio that the Government donated only 36,000 pesos plus a group of humanitarian people to help in assisting the people of Myanmar.
    GOD BLESS YOUR PEOPLE!!!!!!!
  3. ???? Frott Frisk ????? Not Active

???? Frott Frisk ?????
    Wow! Must be a big joke.
  4. the guru Not Active

the guru
    hindi naman sa pagiging matapobre or anything like that, but we (my family) used to support these "poor people", what they did in return was ingrata. that's a different story, i know, but "malakas" (i mean healthy) pa sila and they should contribute to their country by WORKING - they can be OFW's etc . In fact, I think the tax money doesn't just go to the government's pocket - pati na sa mga squatter etc - i hope they'd work for a living, you know. There are jobs out there!

Nonetheless, I agree with you - charity should begin at home - that 20 million dollars is a huge deal. Our country should use it to boost our economy, tourism and "industrialize". Industrialization, I believe, has a modern meaning now. I hope our country grasps that.

More power to the poor people who work!
  5. Happy Man Not Active

Happy Man
    "The more money that comes out, the more corruptions it can create."
  6. cp3woooooooooooo Not Active

cp3woooooooooooo
    yeah. tama ka.
    dapat sa mga mahihirap na tao satin dinonate yung pera
    corrupt kasi presidente natin eh.
    punyemas
  7. josh :) Not Active

josh :)
    really, im a filipino and i think that our government shouldn't donate first coz filipinos are going through poverty right right now.
  8. I love my Marine Not Active

I love my Marine
    the Phillippines makes me so sad cause it's so poor there that you can hire a maid,nanny,hair stylist,etc... for just $20 a month...I try not to visit because It's upsetting to see stuff like that....but we do send alot of money to some of our family members out there.
  9. dreamyr_21 Not Active

dreamyr_21
    haha, what makes you so sure that it's still going to be $20mil when it gets to myanmar?