Yahoo! Refuses Microsoft?s Bid, Turns towards AOL?

Discussion in 'Yahoo !' started by admin_old, Feb 24, 2008.

1. admin_old Not Active

admin_old
    Its official, Yahoo! has rejected Microsoft?s bid to acquire them for $44.6 billion. Yahoo! believed that the proposal which converts to about $31 per share undervalues the company?s global brand. In a Code:
    http://www.techcrunch.com/2008/02/11/yahoos-rejection-letter-to-microsoft
    letter filed with SEC, they wrote ?Yahoo! Board of Directors has carefully reviewed Microsoft?s unsolicited proposal with Yahoo!?s management team and financial and legal advisors and has unanimously concluded that the proposal is not in the best interests of Yahoo! and our stockholders.?

So now it?s Microsoft?s turn to either raise their bid to over $40 per share (which would add another $12 billion to earlier bid) or go hostile by directly approaching the shareholders. In both the cases, Microsoft will have to deal with Department of Justice for possible antitrust issues.

In another related rumor, is that Yahoo! has reinitiated the merger talks with AOL. Yahoo!?s future looks pretty interesting to me. Let?s just wait and watch how Microsoft responds to Yahoo!?s refusal.
    Code:
    http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/industry_sectors/technology/article3346356.ece"]Times Online is repo
  2. tristangemus Guest

tristangemus
    Yes, I am very interested to see what happens to Yahoo. Quite a bit of money to turn down but I guess they will make enough soon to cover that up in a nice neat little pile!
  3. mattiailbello Not Active

mattiailbello
    oh yes tristangemus very interested!!!
  4. i dont see yahoo having much of a future. the cyber world, at least seems to me this way, will soon be shadowed by google and microsoft. if microsoft doesn't offer more, than im certain cicrumstances would dwindle for yahoo's stability in the field in future and google will buy it for significantly less money.