YPN Lauches in the UK

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing / Revenue' started by Fuzzer, Sep 25, 2008.

1. Fuzzer Qdoos Contributor

Fuzzer
    Ive seen a couple of posts about this today and finally seen some article on it, ill be trying it on a couple of my sites to see if it makes a difference

Its not called YPN here in the UK though its AdShack - Simple Aesthetics. High Exposure.

Albeit under the stewardship of AdShack.com. This new addition to the 1plus.net stable of websites has today announced the launch of it?s Google Adsense killer, AdShack.com; which, its said, will syndicate Yahoo advertisements to web publishers in Europe.

Claiming to pay a higher revenue share than the 42.5% Google Adsense shares with its publishers, AdShack is releasing the long awaited Yahoo Publisher Network into the European marketplace.

Currently, Yahoo only offers its advertiser feed to web publishers in the US and Canada. Today?s announcement has come as a long awaited and welcomed surprise for European webmasters.

The pay-per-click syndication network is currently monopolised by Google Adsense who have an almost universal market share. In the US however, with the advent of Yahoo offering PPC banner advertisements directly to web publishers, the split is 55 to 45 percent in favour of Google.

Head of digital media for Symons Group, John Franklin said of the announcement ?Frankly its a very long awaited piece of good news. Being held almost to ransom by a sole supplier hasn?t exactly been fun, especially when that one sole supplier is completely detached from what you would call a regular working relationship?.

AdShack.com say they offer both a one click and two click banner model and export advertisements in a web 2.0 style. Head of media distribution for AdShack.com, Julia MacKenzie, said of the launch ?As a web publisher myself, AdShack.com will hopefully tick all the boxes. Syndicating advertisements from a premium provider such as Yahoo, together with complete transparency and communication, can only be good for web publishers looking to make money from their blog or website?.

AdShack say that the service, currently in beta, is only available in the UK to a test group of web publishers, but hopes to release the program into Europe by the end of the year.

Source : YPN (Yahoo Publisher Network) Launches In The UK : UK Financial News, Advice and Links :: Perspicacious.co.uk
  2. Asad Qdoos Contributor

Asad
    Amazing! So, when are you gonna review them?
    and When will it reach India? huh! I can't wait for it!
    Asad,
  3. Midwest Super Moderator

Midwest
    Interesting..I've signed up for this service about a day ago and I'm waiting to get approved. Once I get the "OK", I'll start posting some ads on my sites, to see how good they perform :)
  4. Asad Qdoos Contributor

Asad
    I am sure that they will never reach the standard of Google AdSense!
    Asad,
  5. Midwest Super Moderator

Midwest
    You can't never know, Asad. Just because a certain service is new, that doesn't mean it isn't possible for it to be a hit. Only time will tell :)
  6. Fuzzer Qdoos Contributor

Fuzzer
    I think you are forgetting this is Yahoo Publisher Network in disguise, Yahoo Publisher network i known for paying better than Google adsense but doesnt focus on related ad's as much, so you may not get the same amount of clicks.

in some niche's you could earn more than google adsense, and others it could be less. Its the same with any publishing network.