By using seoforum’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the best UK dedicated SEO Forum

Provide or get advice on everything SEO, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love SEO and Online Marketing.

Join 50,000 members!

Question How to check my links are correct on a new site?

• Thread starter The Furniture Company
  • Start date
T

The Furniture Company

Hello, I am in the process of building a new site and I just wanted to check that my links are correct and I won't lose any rankings. Previously 5/6 years ago we created our current site, lots of mistakes were made which then led to us dropping in many rankings. However this time I want to ensure that this doesn't happen and that my rankings won't drop. During the process of the developers creating this site we have partially lost trust in them as sometimes they have lied about certain things. I just wondered what the easiest/quickest way of checking and ensuring that my url structure is the same. See photo below for the last email they sent to me about the url structure.

SEOForums.JPG

Community

Community

Administrator
Staff member
Established Memeber
It's not really something we can advise on without seeing the old and new site unfortunatly, the email does give some good constructive processes in helping with duplicate content issues, but again this can only really be commented on when correlating that data with your analytics, backlinks and sales.

They are correct filters can be a huge headache with ecommerce sites, generating 100's of thousands of URL's which should not be indexed, but there are many ways of which a canonical can be pointed, i.e parent page, first pagniated page, view all page etc.

Without seeing the old and new site it's impossible to give you any kind fo accuate advise, as its not just about backlinks, your rankings could drop for verious reasons such as site structure, 404's, duplicate content, thin content, backlinks/redirects, onsite element changes such as headings and meta data, page speed performance etc etc.

If in doubt i would highly recommend getting in touch with an SEO consultant to "police" and oversee what the developers are doing.

Paro

Paro

'Check My Links' is an extension developed primarily for web designers, developers and content editors

Latest Products

• [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    Load images asynchronously on your forum, allowing images to be loaded only when they are in view
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    Forums which prevent member profile access for guests, redirction and unlinking for profiles
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    Simple redirects allows forum admins to make simple 301 or 302 redirects via their admin panel
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    Eradicate short, pointless posts with a minimum message length and improving content worth on a thre
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated: