By using seoforum’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the best UK dedicated SEO Forum

Provide or get advice on everything SEO, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love SEO and Online Marketing.

Join 50,000 members!

How to Promote my website in multiple locations

N

Neil Mc

Hi All

How should I target in 5 locations? Should I create a new page for each different location or should I directly optimize the homepage?

I am new to all this SEO. As a very small company in the UK with only 3 of us working our business and due to the geography here in the UK being small, we can cover many regions in the UK when going to appointments. However, and unfortunately, we don't have physical sites or offices/addresses in the areas we want to work.

How can I overcome this?

Community

Community

Administrator
Staff member
Established Memeber
Hi Neil,

Do you have a primary, physical shop front in any of the areas ? And what would you say is the distance for the areas ? Are the areas close together in a 100 mile radius for example ?

Have you got a website already ? It's likely if you do not have a physical shop front a customer could walk into and visit, you would then be considered a service area business.

There are different ways of going about this but it depends quite a lot on the radius of your service area as to how effective you could take it.

Feel free to post your website, or send it in private to me to review if you'd prefer to keep it out of the public.

N

Neil Mc

I'm based in Manchester UK. Our current radius to travel is approx 150 miles. However we do have a network, where we can be national with leads generated.

Unfortunately, we don't have any shops, stores or other offices.

Attachments

• UK Energy Grant. SEO .pdf
    50.9 KB · Views: 512
Community

Community

Administrator
Staff member
Established Memeber
Ok so you would be a service area business, you can set yourself up as a service area business with Google business, also hiding your address so you cover regions although getting into Map packs in those areas on scale is a long hard slog depending on the business.

I would also create local landing pages to represent each area you cover (want to target), although that would require a strategy, unique content on each page and content which showed your activity in the area such as client reviews specific to those locations.

Many companies make the mistake of creating pages which are ultimately the same/duplicated but with area words changed, that isn't the right way of doing it and often doesn't weld the results ( or long term results ).

EthanR

EthanR

Hi Niel,
If you want to target for 5 different location, there is no need to create a diff page for each location. Go for social media platform set a post-campaign for each target location (You can set location for posting your add). For your website SEO, you need to do ON page and off page activity to increase your search engine ranking. for detailed SEO guidance go for Digital Marketing Experts. You will get your website rank in the top page of search engines.

hilleug61

hilleug61

I think that you need to use social media (paid) marketing. As you can never get location specific results in anyother way, be it SEO. You need twitter, Facebook and the similar platforms to target the location specific ads or awareness.

Bradwell

Bradwell

My friend got me into making websites a couple years ago and the first thing he said was following Ahref's blogs and article along with their videos.

H

hiseespeark

I can suggest you to all cities name into the content or one of the best ways create different pages according to cities.

GameOver

GameOver

It's against googles terms to open multiple locations that you're not operating or have a shop fronts for? from my experience there is a way if you can confirm their code that they send to the new address, that's one way, but they can punish you if they see you doing it?

A

aruby294

First you need to do business listing.
And then Run paid campaign if you want to target multiple locations. There is no organic way.

laurenhayward

laurenhayward

You can do local business listings or citations using local sites of the particular country.
Search on Google for the top business listing sites + [Your country]

You can do guest posting targetting your country and people.
You can manage your all locations using google business or bing places.

sofacleaningdublin

sofacleaningdublin

Hi

Create a "coverage area" on your webpage and create a post for whatever area you plan to promote. If you are cleaning carpets (ex) , create a post like this:

Carpet Cleaning London
Carpet Cleaning Edinburgh
Carpet Cleaning Cardiff
ETC

Then promote the link for each area on facebook, instagram, etc. Stay away from paid links. Comment on people postings. Write relevant articles about your business. Good content is the key

Latest Products

• [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    Load images asynchronously on your forum, allowing images to be loaded only when they are in view
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    Forums which prevent member profile access for guests, redirction and unlinking for profiles
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    Simple redirects allows forum admins to make simple 301 or 302 redirects via their admin panel
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    Eradicate short, pointless posts with a minimum message length and improving content worth on a thre
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated: