By using seoforum’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the best UK dedicated SEO Forum

Provide or get advice on everything SEO, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love SEO and Online Marketing.

Join 50,000 members!

What is the best way to use Pinterest for SEO?

Dean!

Dean!

Awesome
What is the best way to use Pinterest to benefit you SEO wise?

The only thing I can really think of is links in the description/comments.

lowrider.STi

lowrider.STi

Or pin pictures related to your site, containing the adress.

Shortie861

Shortie861

I have been curious about this myself aswell to be honest as I have just recently started using Pinterest more often from today and I am finding it an interesting site.

I do know that they are a toolbar add on I think it is that you can install and when you are on a certain page on the internet you can pin it to one of your boards. I have created a board for my forum and I have been pinning certain topics to my board that I feel may interest others so maybe that is another way to use Pinterest for SEO purposes.

F

Florentino89

The best way to think of Pinterest, if you’re not familiar with it, is as your personal or business bulletin board – it’s where you pin pictures of things you like: your style, your interests, your aspirations…anything you can represent with images from the internet.

BigBigFan

BigBigFan

I think Pinterest just soured the SEO milk by launching Pinterest for businesses. Some of the related changes they made to accomplish this will surely result in Google not indexing or not trusting the non-editorial business pages where your links are. As with anything, use Pinterest in moderation. Be on it but don't only be on it.

S

SonnyNET64

Again, very similar to what I told a fellow STF member, find specif keywords searched by the public with the Google Keyword Tool, and use them in your comments/descriptions. People will search tags, and will lead to your topic.

SonnyNET64

Jessi

Jessi

I think it's more important to think about how to use it with *real* users.

Pinterest can push a lot of traffic to your site. If a pin goes viral within the site, it can continue getting pinned for months afterward. Even if Google doesn't care, that's residual traffic that makes it worthwhile regardless.

Dmarcotte

Dmarcotte

I have not used Pinterest much so I appreciate the information in this thread. I like the idea of thinking of it as a bulletin board for my websites. I think it is a good way to get more traffic to your site from people who might not be on Facebook or Twitter or LinkedIn. I don't know if it will really help SEO that much, but it couldn't hurt.

N

neoflip

Thanks for the feed back mates, i was also finding this type of info... ;)

A

ali-jd5

Don't forget that the Pinterest browser plugins will grab the tags from your images. If someone pins an image from your site, it will be posted to Pinterest with the tags you put in.

Chynamp

Chynamp

I have been thinking about joining Pinterest for marketing purposes, but wasn't sure how useful it would be. I like the concept of Pinterest, it is nice to see something different from Facebook and Twitter. Thanks for the information and tips, very helpful!

K

keithr13

I've been using Pinterest for some time as an SEO tool, and it does supply some of the traffic for my sites.
It's way down the referral list, but it's there!
I pin things from my own sites, with tags and links and relevant keywords. I also pin things from other sites that are relevant to what I am pinning about at the time. I think if you only pin your own stuff you can quickly put off interested parties.
It's nice to see others opinions on this matter

D

DaleTroy

I often see the option to share a blog on Pinterest, and it always seems odd to me. Maybe I'm only basing this on my own experience with Pinterest, but I don't see many blogs or articles pinned by people. Even if they did, I feel like it would just get lost amongst the craft projects, pet pictures, and ecard jokes.

B

bigbenunited

Verify and link your website
Optimize your company name and username
Include keywords in pin titles
Create descriptive Pinterest boards
Pin content consistently
Add backlinks to your website
Create rich pins

T

traionpoi

Here’s how you might benefit SEO-wise using Pinterest: Optimize your pin descriptions with relevant keywords to boost visibility. Include direct links back to your website to drive traffic. Regularly pinning content can also increase engagement, which indirectly helps SEO by generating more backlinks and interactions.

Latest Products

• [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    Load images asynchronously on your forum, allowing images to be loaded only when they are in view
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    Forums which prevent member profile access for guests, redirction and unlinking for profiles
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    Simple redirects allows forum admins to make simple 301 or 302 redirects via their admin panel
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    Eradicate short, pointless posts with a minimum message length and improving content worth on a thre
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated: